Friday, November 11, 2011
Blog Award: Introducting the Earl of Altamont
Since I've already received this blog award and revealed 7 things about myself, I thought I would be different this time around and reveal 7 things about the Earl of Altamont, the hero of my story "The Way of Impressions". (After all, he and Louisa get the credit for this blog award ;-)
Ok, my lord, you're on.
I beg your pardon, Madam?
I mean, proceed...go ahead and share seven things about youself.
1. People look at me and assume that I box. The truth is, I'm not a fighter, and I detest duels. Rather, I enjoy working with my hands. I'm in the process of building a town near my home in Westport, County Mayo, Ireland.
2. I am terrified of being on a ship. My father, the late Earl of Altamont, took me on a trip to France when I was a wee lad. While playing on the deck, I fell overboard and had to be rescued.
3. I love seafood. Salmon topped with shrimp and crawfish broth has to be my favorite.
4. While I am a Protestant Christian, methinks 'tis wrong for Great Britain to deny Catholics landownership simply because of their beliefs. For that reason, some of my Irish countrymen believe I secretly side with the rebels, but I in no way support the seperation of Ireland from Great Britain.
5. I am eight and twenty and still unmarried. I suppose I've stalled in choosing a wife because most ladies of quality bore me. But just the other day, I met a young woman of quality who is turning my world upside down. I continually find myself in disconcerting situations with her family. I'm sure they think that I'm a navie fool.
6. I love the theatre. I'm designing a theatre for the Westport village, and I'm very anxious to start building it.
7. I don't care what the fashion in Paris is, I will never wear ruffled shirts.
Wow, that's all very interesting, my lord. What blogs do you want to pass this award on to?
Pardon, Madam, but what is a blog?
Never mind...I'd better not try to explain that. Okay, so on Lord Altamont's behalf, I'm going to pass this award on to the following fifteen blogs:
1. A Day In The Life Of An Apiring Author
2. Chrisitan Girly Girls
3. Cornhusker Academy
4. Debra's Reading Corner
5. Faith, Friends, and Frappuccinos
6. Fiction Addiction Fix
7. Footnotes: Novel Inspiration from History
9. Jesus & My Orange Juice
10. Karin Kaufman's Blog
11. medieval research with joyce
13. Stuff & Nonsense II
14. What In The World R U Doing 4 Christ's Sake?
15. Writing to Distraction