Many thanks to Faye of Labor Not In Vain for honoring me with the "Tell Me About Yourself Award" for my blog "The Way of Impressions"! Faye reviews Christian Fiction books with a thoughtfulness and attention to detail that all bookworms can appreciate. I'm always looking forward to her next review!
Ok so the rules for accepting this award are simple.
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Give the award to 15 other bloggers.
Since I've already received this blog award and revealed 7 things about myself, I thought I would be different this time around and reveal 7 things about the Earl of Altamont, the hero of my story "The Way of Impressions". (After all, he and Louisa get the credit for this blog award ;-)
Ok, my lord, you're on.
I beg your pardon, Madam?
I mean, proceed...go ahead and share seven things about youself.
1. People look at me and assume that I box. The truth is, I'm not a fighter, and I detest duels. Rather, I enjoy working with my hands. I'm in the process of building a town near my home in Westport, County Mayo, Ireland.
2. I am terrified of being on a ship. My father, the late Earl of Altamont, took me on a trip to France when I was a wee lad. While playing on the deck, I fell overboard and had to be rescued.
3. I love seafood. Salmon topped with shrimp and crawfish broth has to be my favorite.
4. While I am a Protestant Christian, methinks 'tis wrong for Great Britain to deny Catholics landownership simply because of their beliefs. For that reason, some of my Irish countrymen believe I secretly side with the rebels, but I in no way support the seperation of Ireland from Great Britain.
5. I am eight and twenty and still unmarried. I suppose I've stalled in choosing a wife because most ladies of quality bore me. But just the other day, I met a young woman of quality who is turning my world upside down. I continually find myself in disconcerting situations with her family. I'm sure they think that I'm a navie fool.
6. I love the theatre. I'm designing a theatre for the Westport village, and I'm very anxious to start building it.
7. I don't care what the fashion in Paris is, I will never wear ruffled shirts.
Wow, that's all very interesting, my lord. What blogs do you want to pass this award on to?
Pardon, Madam, but what is a blog?
Never mind...I'd better not try to explain that. Okay, so on Lord Altamont's behalf, I'm going to pass this award on to the following fifteen blogs: